Friday, July 16, 2010

A Weekend in July


On 10 July we played softball in Brandon with friends. Stephen did some pitching.


Dad was on my team. He hit the ball and it didn't get caught. It was great!!! :-)


We played some volleyball afterward. I love volleyball!


The next morning I went with Dad and Mom to Tunbridge, Vermont. We were searching for a graveyard called Ordway Cemetery. We found it on a country road at the top of a mountain. It was very small; we counted thirteen graves. Half of the people buried there were Ordways.


At the back of this tiny cemetery, in the shadow of the woods, we found the graves of Moses and Susannah Ordway. They are my great-great-great-great-great-great grandparents.


Moses was born in 1738, six years after the birth of George Washington. He died in 1813. Susannah died the same year.


I descend from Moses and Susannah through my Mom.


The two stones on either side of the inscribed stone are the actual markers for Moses and Susannah's graves. They were buried nearly two hundred years ago.


I photographed all the Ordway stones.


Then we closed the gate.


On the way home we went to a friend's baptism in Clarendon. It was a special event for everyone. It was a hot day. My friend enjoyed sitting in the water.


We chatted together afterward.

No comments:

Post a Comment